iDesign partners with universities to build, grow, and support online and blended courses and program offerings. We are passionate about serving faculty and designing engaging learner experiences that unlock the potential of instructional technology. It’s in our name, it’s in our DNA, and we believe that great instructional design is critical for developing successful programs. We provide concierge, white-glove instructional design support to our faculty partners, bringing expertise, service, and project structure to bear and ensuring that faculty feel comfortable, informed, and in control throughout the process.
iDesign is currently looking for qualified learning architects to join our course development team. This is a part-time, 1099 contract position. The opening is for future project needs.
Are you that person?
What You'll Do
As the Learning Architect, you will work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and key stakeholders to support and guide the design, development, and production of innovative online courses. You will collaborate with SMEs to adapt content for online instruction, suggest relevant learning technologies, and develop course materials that support the stated learning objectives. You will work closely with several team members including Learning Architects, Instructional Technologists, Quality Reviewers, Multimedia Editors, and Graphic Designers to ensure the design and development of online learning support the vision of the partner and subject matter experts. You will also work with the Senior Learning Architect/Project Manager to keep them informed of issues that impact course design and development and delivery of the project.
The successful candidate will work remotely on a contract basis. iDesign recognizes that a quality workforce is paramount to our success. We provide professional development and internal advancement opportunities.
- Collaborate with SMEs to design superior online courses that are supported by research-based best practices in online learning.
- Work with SMEs to establish learning outcomes and alignment of content and assessment to those learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with SMEs to design relevant assessments that align with course learning objectives.
- Suggest relevant open educational resources and appropriate instructional methods for online delivery of content.
- Document design decisions and assist with the preparation of documentation for partner approval as appropriate.
- Actively manage the SME relationship and obtain SME approval throughout the course development process.
- Collaborate extensively with the course development team to ensure the quality and consistency of each course.
- Work with Senior Learning Architect/Project Managers to ensure all deadline dates are met throughout the design and development process.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Advanced degree in Education, Instructional Technology, or related field.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of instructional design and learning theory.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with SMEs for online course development in higher education, preferred.
- Proven leadership in developing courses characterized by innovation in instructional design.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a history of positive results achieved collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence across complex organizational structures.
- Experience with ADA compliance.
- Experience with existing quality standards for course design (e.g., Quality Matters, Sloan-C).
- Competency in a variety of LMS systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Moodle, etc.
What Will Make Us REALLY Love You
- A proven track record of working with academic and business partners to create engaging and effective online courses.
- Ability to establish a collaborative and collegial relationship with subject matter experts (SMEs) while still moving projects forward and meeting project deadlines.
- Expert in online learning, instructional design and technology, adult learning theory, and andragogy/pedagogy to support course development.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent follow-through, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Background in Learner Experience Design.
- Expertise in competency-based learning.
- Superior knowledge of available open educational resources (OERs).
- Quality assurance training and certification (QM, OSCQR, other).
- Post-secondary teaching and learning experience.